What is The Dairy Fairy all about?
Our mission is to make ingenious intimates. What does that mean? We are passionate about unique, innovative, and smart undergarments that help a milk-making mama feel confident, comfortable and beautiful.
What makes the Arden All-in-One Bra so special?
The Arden is the original and only nursing bra that lets you:
- Comfortably wear it all day long – without having to change into some other awful pumping contraption
- Enables you to hands-free pump or pump and nurse at the same time
- Adjust the cup size to fit your fluctuating fullness level, which can often mean the difference of an entire cup size. Ooooh mama, that’s relief.
- Crisscross the detachable shoulder straps for extra support
- Look and feel your best in a sexy and supportive bra – the double layer fabric even protects you against leaks and provides a “seamless” look
- Use the crossover cover panels as a reminder of which breast is up next for pumping or nursing - score!
- *it’s named after our founders very own magical little sprite *
When should I buy my Nursing and Handsfree bra?
Pregnant women nest: we try to get everything done and out of the way before the little one arrives. But purchasing your bra is one time where a little patience might pay off. Why?
Bodies change dramatically during pregnancy and post-partum. A woman who was 34C pre-pregnancy, may be a 36D, a 38C or even a 34DD when her milk comes in and her body adjusts. That said, The Dairy Fairy bras have a lot of adjustability to accommodate as you grow, and shrink.
Typically, 2-3 months after birth your ribcage will return to original size. And, when your milk production stabilizes, you’ll likely be 1-2 cups larger then pre-pregnancy size.
A final reason to wait: when possible, it is recommended that pumping begin 1-2 weeks after birth, to allow your baby to get things going.
Should you decide to get your bra in advance, take a close look at our Fitting Room to make sure you get as close as possible to the correct size. Unworn/unwashed bras with tags attached are returnable or exchangeable for 30 days (though we can be flexible on the time frame for our new mommies).
How do I pick the right size?
Don’t let your old Bad Bras trick you into thinking everyone is the same. The Dairy Fairy sizes to fit based on our Right Size Chart and measuring guide, or you can use our bra size calculator,
- Use a tape measure (instructions below) and match up your typical size to The Dairy Fairy Right Size Chart
- Don’t use your old Bad Bras to measure. They’re well-worn, often-stretched, missized bearers of bad news and we don’t have room for that kind of negativity in our lives - or bra fittings!
- If you’re between sizes, we recommend going with the one that matches your band size, as that’s the most essential for fit and function!
What are the cleaning instructions?
Our ingenious intimates are magically made from cotton lycra, spandex, lace, and love. When washing your delicates, make sure all hooks are closed and use a laundry bag; machine wash cold in delicate cycle and flat dry