How to Size
the fitting room
No fairy godmother around to help measure you? Never fear. With our foolproof and flexible sizing, you won’t need her or her magic wand to find the perfect fit for your beautiful new intimates.
Please note, bra sizing is not standardized and you may be a different size with each brand. Additionally, bras stretch over time so using older bras to determine your current size may not provide adequate information. To ensure the right fit, we highly recommend following our measuring guide and selecting the size based on the chart.
How to Size
No matter if this is your 1st or 4th babe, each time is unique and your body may respond differently.
Although there is a lot of variation, most women increase by one to two cup sizes during pregnancy, and at least one size in the band. So if you were a 34B pre-pregnancy, there’s a good chance you’ll be a 36D in nursing bra size when you begin nursing.
You may also see a slight increase in the cup when your milk comes in and this may ultimately go down when your milk levels adjust over time.
Our bras feature 4" of hook and eye closure in the back (6 settings) to accommodate for pre and postpartum changes.
- To ensure a good fit, measure your band size first.
- Measure under the breast and parallel to the floor from front to back. (Most women prefer a nice tight fit for extra support, so be sure to hold the tape measure tightly, but so that it is comfortable to wear all day long.)
- Then, for your cup size, measure the fullest part of your breast - roughly between the shoulder and your elbow.
- Next, for the band, take your measurement and add 3 to get to your actual band size.
- For example, if you measured 31”, that would make you a size 34.
- The cup is a little trickier still. We usually say to take the difference between the band and the cup, and each additional inch would translate to a cup higher.
For example: a 31″ band (34 size) with a 34″ cup would be a 3″ difference or roughly a C cup. 1″ = A, 2″ = B, 3″ = C, 4″ = D, 5″ = DD (E), 6″ = DDD (F), 7″ = G, 8″ = H, 9″ = I/J
Not a math wiz - just click HERE and enter your measurements into our online size calculator!
If you are ever in doubt, just ask email@example.com for help; that’s what she’s here for!
There’s a lot of adjustability in our magical bras and tanks, so it won’t be too difficult to find the right size.
Once you have your regular bra sizes, simply find your measurements on our handy dandy chart. With all the options, virtually every mother can find the perfect fit.
Ayla Sizing Chart
Arden Sizing Chart